Every year, Wick Hill host a charity fortnight on the two weeks before Christmas. Our staff are encouraged to give generously as we host a number of exciting events for them to participate in.
These range from fancy dress to Christmas jumper days, and a chance to purchase tickets for our Christmas Raffle.
This year, Wick Hill are hosting a series of call out days for our vendors, with our account managers working hard to get new business during the festive period.
Below is a list of ways in which the rest of the company can look after their account manager’s during this busy time.
- Look after your salesperson and they should look after you.
- Do not make any sudden movement near your salesperson they are ninja trained and may react badly.
- If you are inclined to feed your salesperson; raw meat with an open hand, they will take your fingers if they can get them.
- Do not wash your salesperson, they were bathed at the beginning of the quarter and are considered clean to the New Year.
- Compliment your salesperson, tell them they are the best, we are shallow creatures and feed on praise.
- Do not expose your salesperson to bright lights, unless of course you are praising them, then they will revel in the limelight.
- Your salesperson will be delighted in watching their teammates win; do not negotiate with them after winning though – Guilt trips are their speciality.
- Get to know your salesperson and find out how you can help them earn more Raffle tickets. You can always de-Facebook them after the Christmas event is finished.
- Overt gestures of gratitude may be viewed with suspicion; the occasional mid-morning brew or shoulder massage will keep your salesperson more than motivated.
- Your salesperson has been micro-chipped, if they get lost they can be returned. Alternatively call out “Who wants a PO?” – they will quickly come running home.
This year our efforts are raising money for Transform Housing and Macmillan Cancer Support. If you’d like to get involved. Visit our donation page.